Innvotec Limited is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement and in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA) and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (collectively, “the Data Protection Legislation”).
Innvotec Limited may change this policy by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 01/05/2018.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including email address
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
When you apply for any of our products either directly or through your financial adviser, we may use information about you in the following ways:
- To verify your identity and credit standing with credit reference agencies. Please note that credit reference agencies may place a search footprint on your credit file that may be seen by other lenders.
- To detect, prevent and investigate actual and potential fraud and related activities.
- To contact you in connection with your enquiry or application.
- To help us administer and service your account with us.
Retention of your data
We may retain your personal data to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us. The length of time we retain your information will depend on the purpose for which the information was provided. In general, however:
- We will keep the information that is necessary to enable us to manage your account and provide you with a service that you have requested for the duration for which we are required to keep it for legal and regulatory purposes.
- We will keep records of any transactions you enter into for a minimum period of six years.
- We will keep other information about you if it is necessary for us to do so to comply with the law.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We may use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites, and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Your rights under the legislation:
- Access to information
The Data Protection Legislation gives you the right to access information held about you called a Subject Access Request. Please contact us at the address below if you need such information.
Innvotec Limited, Painters Hall, 9 Little Trinity Lane, London EC4V 2AD
We will provide your information to you free of charge and within 30 days of receiving your request.
You may also contact the credit reference agencies operating within the UK to obtain further information about what information they hold about you. Please contact us, and we will provide you with their details. Further information on how the three CRAs use and store personal data they receive about you can be found at https://www.callcredit.co.uk/crain
- Right to rectification
You are entitled to have personal data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure
In certain circumstances, you may have the right to have your personal data erased, for example, if you believe it is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was originally collected. If we are unable to accede to your request for a valid legal reason, we will tell you why.
- Right to restrict processing
You may have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your data for a certain period of time. For example, if you contest the accuracy of your personal data you can ask us to restrict processing until the accuracy of the data has been verified.
- Right to object
You have the right to object at any time to your personal data being processed for marketing purposes.
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com or by selecting the unsubscribe option provided with any such messages.
- Right to lodge a complaint
If you have any concerns about the way we have handled your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office via their website at www.ico.org.uk